Saturday, September 9, 2006

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets

(Shout out to Costco for 500 TC sheets.)

Been a busy week around Camp Blankenship. Thursday eve we had dinner with Tamiko & Dani, our only Married Couple Friends: lesbians (also Former Missoulians). We are very much looking forward to next summer when they move out here; we almost convinced them not to go back to Ohio. Anyway, Tamiko wanted to hear jazz or blues so I Googled "Portland jazz dinner" and the Googlers told me to go Jimmy Mack's. They were right on. Great music, really good falafel, onion rings, and Baba ganoush. We had two waitresses. When the band took a break we made a break for Voodoo Doughnut.

Friday night Dani's brother Jesse joined us and we ate Italian and then went to Voodoo Doughnut. This could be a bad pattern to get into.
(Keith, dinner on the sidwalk)

I should be cleaning the house right now.

Highlight of The (Yester)Day: Getting the bill from the M.D. from my ER visit (in addition to the hospital's bill). For nearly $300 I received: mediocre, nearly unacceptable care from an M.D. who asked me how I was doing and then before waiting for an answer stepped out the door to take a phone call, then left me waiting in the holding pen for an hour and then came back to tell me "Sorry, can't help you," but would you mind signing this form saying you will not hold us legally responsible if you decide to jump out in front of a bus? Thanks so much. Appreciate it.



2 comments:

RockO said...

did you sign it?

i need to start figuring out the hot spots of seattle....but i gotta wait for my mom to leave first.

April said...

yeh i wanted to get the fuck out of there