Friday, May 5, 2006

Unpaid vacation, it's the 2nd best kind.

I quit my job today. Until further notice. Unpaid vacation, technically. I hope to go back to it. But I need to take care of my own mental health before I can pretend to help someone else. So I start seeing a therapist ("The Rapist" Keith always says in his best Sean Connery voice--a reference to the SNL Jeopardy skit) next week and we'll see what happens. I felt a short-lived sense of relief after going in and talking to the partners at work. But also this sense of apprehensiveness about having to tell a stranger why it seems I can't keep my shit together. This is life, though, you know. So I just go with it. What I've been doing obviously hasn't been working, so time to try something new.



















And we'll go from there.

1 comment:

kntgrl said...

I applaud you for growing.
good for you!