Thursday, November 30, 2006

Two freight trains going opposite directions

Walking two pit bulls is a challenge. I anticipated this would take some training (me and them). Tonight I had to take them both to the v-e-t. It's a close walk, so we headed out on foot. It was exhausting. It's like having, I imagine, two 3-year olds---one weighing 70#s and the other weighing 40#s---trying to rip you in half. No wonder my back is jacked. This week I can move without excrutiating pain; last week, not so much. We found out that Lazlo is the "picture of health," and Mia may have allergies. That's it---we're returning her!! No, they gave us some shampoo and spray to help her quit itching. And by gave I mean charged $280.

waiting for the dr.

Hallelujah it's the weekend. I have tomorrow off so I get a 3-dayer. If you need a good weekend song, and who doesn't, here it is. I'm going to try to do this project where you take a photo of whatever you are doing every thirty minutes for 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun). I don't think I will last the whole time; I can barely remember to take my meds every day. But I will give it my best effort.

So I'm going to also try an internet hiatus. I have checked out 8 books from the library, I need to start our end-of-the-year-update cards, and of course Dog Tending. So I'm going to unplug. I don't know how long it will last before I start going into convulsions and having hallucinations.

We've traded rain for cold lately and I'm none too pleased. I'd rather have rain. I don't live in Montana anymore for a reason and that reason is that I'm cold-blooded. Just ask Keith.

taking the bus home, in a fog

CLICK ON IT ^^^^ FOR A READABLE SIZE. © Joe Sayers

1 comment:

RockO said...

great song. it's wierd. i like it.
it's happy, i'm listening to it write now and typing and i'm stoned.
i'm trying to imagine walking two huge dogs to this music.