Friday, May 4, 2007

Brought to you by The Power of Myth

El Sleezo Patron: Hello, sailor, buy me a drink?
Kermit: Well, you see, I'm not a sailor, I'm a frog.
El Sleezo Patron: Oh, cut the small talk and buy me a drink.
Kermit: I don't even know you.
El Sleezo Tough: Hey. Did you make a move with my girl?
Kermit: No, sir.
El Sleezo Patron: He did too. He touched me.
El Sleezo Tough: Ugh. Wash up, you'll get warts.
Kermit: That's a myth.
El Sleezo Tough: Yeah, but she's my "myth"!
Kermit: No, no, myth, myth!
Myth: Yeth?


That's the best myth joke there is. Muppets, so funny.

Team Blankenship just finished up the 3-disc Bill Moyers interview with Joseph Campbell, "Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth." Six hour-long segments each with a different theme, but the overall theme being that myths (including religions) are a manifestation of the life energy that is in all of us, that we're seeking a way to explain what can't be explained... The old Everything is One schtick. When he's talking about these things---the hero myth, creation stories, sacrifice and bliss, romantic love, eternity--it all seems to make sense. And of course when he talked about following your bliss, I was locked in. He says,

"if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."


And I really feel that has been happening in my life lately. I've met some random, multi-talented people who not only have the potential to help this come together for me, but they are just plain nice people. Friends. The more energy I put into it, the more I get out of it. If I make a point to invest in it, it will work. Saturday market here I come.

And I can't do anything nearly as well without Keith. He's Research &Development. I'm The Closer. He's also a super awesome ok cheerleader. See:

Spartan cheerleaders

Drugs help, too.

pill freud by Jason Mecier


This week I turned 28. My 28th year was by far the hardest yet and at times I didn't know if I would make it. I learned a lot about myself, and I accepted some things about my role in the universe, plus I have a great husband who was the only rational person here for a while. I am very lucky.


Keith was 28 when we met, so what advice does he have for a 28 year old?
(Inappropriate response.)

Tonight is another installation of the Midnight Movie. This week is The Big Lebowski!

Walter & The Dude

You know what this means: Disco Nap!! (sleeping when ya got something goin' later on that you need to get ready for)

1 comment:

kntgrl said...

wow, I am a full 10 years your senior?
ulp...

glad you're here!! without those lows, the highs just wouldn't be as good.....

rock on sistah!